Skilled Rehabilitation That's Beyond Measure
After surgery, an unforeseen illness or injury, the recovery process can sometimes be long, especially as we age. Skilled nursing and rehabilitation help people on the road to recovery ensure they reach their health care goals. While the process of regaining one's independence has its challenges, you're not alone with Creekside. Our care teams are with you every step of the way to help you meet recovery goals and return safely home.
Who Needs Skilled Rehabilitation?
A skilled nursing and rehabilitation community offers more specialized care aimed at particular needs after surgery, illness or injury. Examples of common conditions that may require treatment in skilled rehabilitation are:
- joint replacement surgery
- memory loss
The primary goal is for residents to get back on their way to independence one step at a time.
Skilled Rehabilitation at Creekside
Creekside is not just a place where someone goes after a hospital stay. Our skilled nursing and rehabilitation community is a place where residents get the highest quality care at a time when they need it most.
Our goals aim to ensure that you get back to your former self pre-surgery, injury or illness. These objectives include but are not limited to:
- Promoting optimal quality of life
- Improving one's balance
- Minimizing the risk of falls or injuries
- Decreasing the pain of an affected area
- Provide patients with education and self-management skills
- Increasing one's range of motion in affected areas
- Increasing levels of activity while promoting safety
- Improve endurance for performing daily living skills
- Returning safely home as quickly as possible
How to Choose a Skilled Nursing Center
Do you know how to choose a skilled nursing center? It's easy to feel overwhelmed by the options available to you. No matter if it is a short or long-term stay, skilled nursing can help individuals reach their health care goals in a safe and healthy environment. Below are things to consider when choosing a skilled nursing and rehabilitation center:
- Care. When looking at different skilled rehabilitation centers, it's important to realize that each center offers varying levels of care. Some centers solely focus on long-term care whereas others specialize in post-hospital care.
- Licensure. A critical aspect of how you choose a skilled nursing center should be the center's licensure and certification. It may seem obvious that a center would have the appropriate licensing, but it's always important to ensure that it does.
- Staff. Don't be afraid to ask about the training and qualifications of the staff when choosing a skilled nursing center. Observe the staff by visiting the center to see how they interact with the residents. Doing this is an excellent way to see if you will be compatible with the center.
- Amenities. Each center varies on what it provides. Check to see if the amenities are up-to-date so it's easier for you to choose and feel comfortable with your skilled rehabilitation center. Look for upgrades to the residence and its technology to help you determine whether it will be a good fit.
Treatment Plans That Meet Your Needs
Individualized Care Plans
We understand that everyone's needs are different when it comes to treatment. That's why upon entering Creekside, each person will receive an overall wellness assessment to determine what his or her specific needs will be during their stay in skilled rehabilitation care.
Treatment can be provided on an in-or-outpatient basis. By doing this, we can provide care in the way that best fits each individual.
Variety of Specialized Therapies and Treatments
At Creekside, we don't limit our skilled rehabilitation to only a few different types of therapies. Our care comes in many forms. Our skilled rehabilitation specialty therapies include:
- Functional conditioning. Those with a decline in cardiac output can experience painful joints, issues with balance and struggles to perform daily skills. Functional conditioning aims to restore an individual back to increased functional capacity and performing daily activities to the best of their ability.
- Cognitive therapy. In cognitive therapy, we develop a program designed based on the resident's needs. Therapy will help the resident regain, maintain and compensate for certain cognitive deficits.
- Orthopedic therapy. In this form of therapy, we focus on treating the musculoskeletal system. We strive to reduce our resident's pain, improve his or her mobility and help them to regain functioning.
- VitalStem therapy. VitalStem therapy helps patients with Dysphagia, or difficulty swallowing. Currently, VitalStem is the only therapy approved by the FDA to treat this condition and Creekside is the only provider in Huntsville offering this therapy.
- Neurorehabilitation. This form of specialized therapy aids in the recovery from a nervous system injury. It aims to minimize the functional changes that may result from the injury, reduce symptoms that may be causing pain for the individual, and work to improve the wellbeing of the person being served.
Outside of therapies Creekside provides, there are different treatments. They include:
- Pre- and post-surgery care
- Fall prevention
- Arthritis care
- Treatment of orthopedic conditions
- Post-stroke rehabilitation
- Balance assessment
- Incontinence assistance
- Pain Management
- Dialysis partnerships are available to those who need them.
Continuing Your Care Goes Beyond Creekside
One's health care needs don't always end when they leave Creekside. No matter if you are receiving inpatient or outpatient services, our staff will accompany those in our care to their doctor's appointments. By attending physician appointments, our teams can ensure seamless communication between other health providers and involved care takers.
For concerned family members and patients, we provide Safety Home Inspections. Our home inspections alert family members to changes they can make in the home environment that will reduce the potential danger of falls and other hazards a senior may face in his or her home.
Creekside Skilled Rehabilitation is What You've Been Looking For
We understand that the needs of each one of our residents are different, and our goal is to exceed resident expectations. With our board-certified physicians and nurses, we can provide care that is without equal.
Do you, a friend or a loved one need senior skilled rehabilitation care? We would love to talk to you about the services we can provide. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you!